This is gold except for it’s actually lavender-purple!
If you like creamy — ice cream like smoothies– then this smoothie’s for you!
1 pack of frozen Acai from Sambazon
1 handful of Blueberries
Heaping scoop of Almond Butter
1/2 tbsp of Cacao
1/2 tbsp of Maca
Dairy Free Milk
Honey (to sweeten)
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Serve in cup (with spoon) or in a bowl topped with fresh berries and nuts. If you’d like to make your smoothie more liquid and less creamy, add more milk.
What’s so awesome about this smoothie (besides the way it tastes) ?
- Low glycemic index (taste before adding honey, you don’t need much!)
- Berries+ cacao are full of antioxidants
- Cacao contains magnesium and iron
- Avocado & almond butter = good fats + extra creaminess
- Maca is an adaptogen; it supports the endocrine system and helps us cope with stress. It also energizes naturally without the jitters and crashes of caffeine.
If you’re working on healing your digestion, try having this smoothie in the afternoon.
In Chinese medicine, acupuncturists have learned to view the stomach’s functionality as a warm fire that burns the hottest during the afternoon. If you have a weak stomach, it may take more work for your fire to ignite and get burning. In these cases, we want to help kindle our fires with warming food and drink at the beginning and end of our days. If we consume frozen foods when our bodies aren’t ready, we run the risk of stunting our healing process and missing out on restorative nutrients– if the body isn’t digesting properly nutrients may go unabsorbed.
Try starting your day with a hot cup of water and fresh squeezed lemon juice. This will jump start digestion and boost the immune system! It’s also a sweet self-care ritual to add into your routine.